Vegan Apple Chip Nachos With Date Caramel Sauce
So maybe you want the drama of a beautiful, elaborate dessert, without taking such a hit to your or your children’s health. This recipe, friend, is exactly what you’re looking for.
These Vegan Apple Chip Nachos With Date Caramel Sauce from Lauren of plant-based blog Flora & Vino are as tasty as they are showy, and actually boast a number of nutritious ingredients. Can’t go wrong there!
Try it for guests or even your kid’s next slumber party. This one will be fun for everyone.
Apple Chip Nachos
- 1 bag Bare Snacks Apple Chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup warm water + more as needed
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Make the date caramel in advance. If your dates are dry, soak them in hot water for 10 minutes before adding to the recipe. Add the dates, warm water, and maple syrup to a high speed blender and process until perfectly smooth and creamy, adding more water as needed for thinner caramel. I like my caramel slightly thick and not quite pourable. If your caramel gets too thin, add in another date or two to thicken. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- To make your apple chip nachos, add apple chips to a plate and top with a generous amount of date caramel. Top with slivered almonds, dried cranberries, and dark chocolate chips. Serve immediately.
- Store leftover date caramel in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Tags: Apple, caramel, dairy free, dessert, desset nachos, Egg Free, nachos, vegan