VEGAN APPLE PIE ENERGY COOKIES RECIPE
These raw vegan apple pie energy “cookies” are so easy to throw together and perfect for your hungry little ones or teens! Don’t you just love seeing them snack on such nutrient-dense goodies? Score one for the team.
- 1 ½ cups freeze-dried apples (the crispy, not chewy, kind)
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 3/4 cup pitted dates (packed well—having enough dates will ensure your cookies stick together)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- For coating: ¼ cup additional freeze-dried apple pieces, crushed
- Place all of the ingredients (except for the coating) in a food processor. Blend until very sticky, yet with some texture remaining.
- Pull off pieces that are about one tablespoon in size and roll into balls. Before serving, roll in the apple crumbles.
These will store for several weeks, refrigerated in an airtight container. (NOTE: If you like the apple coating to be crisp, add just before eating, rather than storing your cookies with the coating on.)
Makes about 12-18 vegan apple pie energy bites