Delicious Brown Sugar Blueberry Muffin Recipe
This recipe is a simple twist to your run of the mill blueberry muffins. Other recipes usually use granulated sugar, but to add another layer of flavor we substituted with brown sugar. To take it one step further we browned the “butter” as well, giving it a rich deep flavor. These muffins are not overly sweet and they have just the right amount to balance out the tart blueberries. My kids love them topped with melted butter or even drizzled with maple syrup. They are perfectly paired with a cup of joe and easy to make with just 9 ingredients. So preheat your oven, start brewing your coffee, and enjoy these fluffy muffins fireside.
Brown Sugar Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 6 tbsp. vegan stick butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries (can’t have that delicious blueberry muffin recipe without the blueberries!
Directions For Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a large 6 cup muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flax seed and water, set aside and let sit to form a paste.
- In a small sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat whisking frequently. Let butter foam and bubble, about 5 minutes, as it starts to turn a dark yellow/brown. Be careful not to burn. Remove from heat to cool.
- While butter is cooling, In a large mixing bowl sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add brown sugar and flax egg to butter and whisk until well combined.
- Fold brown sugar mixture in to the flour. Once thoroughly mixed slowly whisk in milk until a batter is formed.
- Fold blueberries in carefully to ensure they do burst.
- Scoop batter into individually prepared muffin cups to about half full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-28 minutes until golden brown on top or a fork comes out clean.
Have a blueberry muffin recipe that you love? Let us know in the comments!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: