Vegan Christmas Dinner Recipes!
So you’re hosting Christmas at your house this year and you know that some of your guests are, oh no, gasp…vegan! As if hosting and planning a party isn’t stressful enough, now you have to worry about what to make for those preachy grass eaters. No worries, Raise Vegan to the rescue! Here are 3 delicious meals you can prepare that will satisfy your vegan friends and even pleasantly surprise the rest. You can thank us later.
Easy Peasy Layered Dip
- 2 cans of vegan chili, cooked
- 3 avocados, mashed
- small tub of vegan cream cheese
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa
- one tomato, chopped
- small purple onion, chopped
- handful of finely chopped fresh cilantro
- bag of shredded vegan cheese
- tortilla chips to serve
- In a medium glass serving bowl, add and evenly spread a layer each of chili, cream cheese, avocado, salsa, and shredded cheese. Repeat until you nearly reach the top.
- Top off with chopped veggies.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
The following meal has become a staple in our home. It’s hearty, flavorful and reminiscent of good ol’ American home cooking. Enter….
Hearty Gluten-Free Meatless Loaf
- 1 cup of green lentils
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup of veggie broth
- 1 ¼ cup of water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- pinch of oregano
- pinch of thyme
- ¼ cup of raisins
- 2 tbsp of dry flax meal
- 1 ½ tbsp steak sauce
- 3 ½ tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 ½ tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ cup coarsely ground oats
To top the loaf
- 1 ½ tsp steak sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp vegan bbq sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 F and cook lentils in medium pan in water and veggie broth for 20 minutes. Add quinoa and cook in medium heat covered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped veggies until soft (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add veggies, raisins, flax meal and lentil quinoa mix in a bowl, mash a bit but be sure to leave some whole lentils for texture.
- Add in the remaining sauces, nutritional yeast and cumin.
- Stir in crumbled oats.
- Pour and press mixture into a loaf pan.
- Prepare the glaze and generously spread over the loaf.
- Cook covered for 25 minutes then for an additional 10 minutes uncovered to set the glaze.
- Let sit for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
This last recipe is a fun one for the vegan kiddies at the party. You can use cute decorative kid friendly cups and make them feel a part of the celebration!
SEE ALSO: CREAMY CASHEW SOUP
Pumpkin Pie in a Cup
- 2 cans of pumpkin puree
- 2 vegan vanilla pudding packets
- Plant based milk of choice according to pudding instructions
- 1 package of graham crackers, crushed
- Pumpkin spice seasoning
- Soy/ coconut whipped cream
- Small cups to serve
- Prepare vanilla pudding packets as directed in box and let set in refrigerator.
- Empty pumpkin puree in bowl and add desired amount of pumpkin spice to taste.
- Add a layer of crushed graham crackers on the bottom of each cup, followed by a layer of vanilla pudding then pumpkin puree.
- Layer on as much as desired, top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon to top and add a fun cookie.
- Refrigerate and serve when ready and prepare to watch those little ones devour every bite.
Tags: easy vegan meals, easy vegetarian meals, fake meat, plant based protein, veganuary, what can i serve a vegan at christmas, what to cook for vegans at christmas