Vegan Corn Chowder To Warm Up These Winter Nights
I love when the colder weather gets here, and I can haul the crock pot out for my favorite winter dish, vegan corn chowder.
Raise Vegan Magazine $29.40 for 12 Months
- 2.5 tbsp canola oil
- 3 cups of chopped onions
- 2.5 tbsp flour
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 cups of diced potatoes
- 1 tbsp of rosemary
- 1 (16-ounce) frozen corn
- salt and pepper to taste
Vegan Corn Chowder Directions
- Heat the onions on low heat with the canola oil, don’t brown them, you want them nice and soft. Stir in the turmeric, flour and smoked paprika .
- Add the veggie broth, coconut milk and potatoes, increase the heat until boiling, then back down to simmer.
- After 12-13 mins, check that the potatoes are soft and cooked. Stir in the rosemary and corn.
- Turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender, or a hand held blender will work best here, as you may need to blend in batches.
- Transfer to bowls and enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: