Fail-Safe Vegan Winter Salad
While the weather may be warming up, you can enjoy the warm, comforting tastes of winter all year ’round with this delectable Winter Salad from chef Ed Harris.
Try it today for a nutritious meal your family won’t soon forget.
Vegan Winter Salad
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 3 oz. Little Gem or Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3 oz. kale
- 2 oz. radicchio
- 1 Hass avocado, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms, ripped into pieces
- 1/4 cup red beets, roasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup tri-color quinoa, cooked
- Maldon salt, for sprinkling
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, shallots, agave, beets and kosher salt. Whisk in the oils in a steady stream until well blended.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuces, radicchio, mushroom, and quinoa. Toss with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette.
- Transfer the lettuce and quinoa mixture to a plate, place the avocado in the center and fill with the roasted beets.
- Sprinkle with Maldon salt and pepper.
- Serve with the remaining vinaigrette, and enjoy!
You can find more from chef Ed Harris here.
Tags: Chef Ed Harris, Cooking, healthy eating, healthy food, healthy recipe, Recipe, salad, vegan food, vegan recipe, vegan salad