Warm up The Winter Nights with This Vegan Chili Recipe
A great vegan chili recipe contains lentils, not beans. They have the richness and meaty flavor that we associate chili with, and although this recipe doesn’t call for a slow cooker, you absolutely can throw it all in, set it on low for 8 hours and have an amazing dinner ready as you walk in the door from work.
Vegan Chili Recipe
- 8.5 cups of home-made or vegan based veggie broth
- 1 medium sized yellow onion diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 5-6 teaspoons of chili powder (or more if you prefer it extra spicy)
- 2.5 cups of yellow lentils
- 2 15oz cans of diced tomatoes
- In a large pot, add the diced onion and green pepper for around 4 mins or until soft.
- Add in one cup of broth, diced garlic, chili and mix for 30 second to 1 min.
- Add in remaining ingredients, bring to boil and reduce to simmering for 30 mins.
- Check if lentils are tender, if so. Remove from heat and serve.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: