World’s Easiest Vegan Green Curry
A green curry is a very versatile dish and is a great meal for warmer weather. Thanks to their fresh and fragrant flavor. Ingredients in this recipe can easily be added or switched for anyone with allergies.
This curry can be a simple way to add a few serves of veggies to your daily intake. It is also a family-friendly meal- simply adjust the amount of curry paste to suit your little one’s palate.
The real heroes of this green curry dish are the gorgeous green veggies! If you use a store-bought paste, ensure that you check the label for animal ingredients such as fish extract or milk.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets.
- 1 green capsicum (bell pepper), cut into small strips.
- 2 cups of green beans, roughly chopped.
- 2 cups of pre-soaked or canned brown lentils.
- 2 large white potatoes, diced and parboiled.
- 375ml/ 13.5fl oz can of coconut milk.
- 2 TBSp of green curry paste.
- 1 cup of water.
- Optional extras: mushrooms, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
- Simmer the water, potatoes, capsicum, beans, broccoli, and any other veggies in a saucepan over a medium heat while stirring regularly for 10 minutes
- Add the lentils and curry paste and continue to simmer while stirring for a further 10 minutes
- As the water reduces, add the coconut milk and continue to stir as it simmers until the ingredients have combined and thickened slightly.
- Serve over a bed of rice and enjoy!
This green curry recipe serves 4-6 adults (with rice) and can easily be frozen in single servings for a quick work lunch or even dinner when it’s been ‘one of those days’!
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: