Zeatballs – Vegan Zucchini “Meatballs”
Vegan Zucchini “Meatballs”
12 zucchini meatballs, 4 servings, prep time 20 mins, cook time 25 mins
- 1 large zucchini shredded, approximately 1 cup
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1.5 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce (I use arribiata because I like a little kick to my food but marinara works perfectly too.)
- 8 ounces (half a box) of whole grain penne
Method for your vegan zucchini ‘meatballs’
- Combine drained and rinsed chickpeas, garlic cloves, and rolled oats in a food processor.
- Pulse for 5-10 seconds, or until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and add the dried herbs, salt, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and shredded zucchini.
- Mix together with your hands until combined. You can add a little flour if the mixture is too watery.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out the zucchini ‘meatballs’ mixture with your hand and roll into 12 balls.
- Place a few inches apart on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, while your balls are baking cook your pasta as directed.
- Once the
zeatballsare light golden brown they’re ready to serve over cooked pasta with sauce. I like to garnish with fresh basil or parsley.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: