Australian Meat Pie Recipe With a Vegan Twist
A traditional Australian meat pie might be something that was always made at Christmas dinner, and now that you’ve gone the great way of the vegans. Christmas celebrations might not be the same. Never fear, the vegans are here!
Australian ‘meat’ pie
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 medium-sized white or Spanish onion
- 2 cloves of garlic smashed
- 2 teaspoons of rosemary
- 1.5 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 2 packets of white mushrooms (diced)
- 6 Baby Courgettes thinly sliced
- 1 small bag of frozen peas
- 1 packet of puff pastry (check to ensure it’s vegan)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 20 Festive and Christmas Baby Names
- 3 Vegan Cookie Recipes to Bake this Week!
- A Dozen Healthy (and Easy) Snacks Your Kids Won’t Hate
- Forget Baking This Christmas and Pick Up These Awesome Vegan Cookies
Sauce Recipe for Australian ‘meat’ pie recipe:
- 1.5 cups cashews (soak overnight)
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- Juice from one medium-sized lemon
- 9 tablespoons of water or more as needed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add chopped onion to a skillet with the canola oil on low heat, to get soft and add in soy sauce, rosemary, courgettes, peas, and mushrooms.
- Let cook on medium heat covered for 5 mins until they become soft.
- Take off the cover and leave on low heat to evaporate some of the water.
- In a blender, add the cashews, juice, water, and garlic. Blend until smooth, pushing down the sides occasionally. Add more water if necessary. Leave to the side.
- Roll out your pastry and carefully lift into your pie dish, covering the bottom and sides.
- Transfer the cashew sauce into the vegetable mix, stir and pour into the pastry dish.
- Roll your second puff pastry sheet and cover the top of the dish. Use your thumb to press the top into the bottom sides around the dish. cut off the excess with a knife.
- cut a small hole in the middle of the pie with a knife.
- Bake for 40 mins, until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you try the vegan Australian meat pie recipe? Let us know how ti turned out in the comments.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: