A Dozen Healthy (and Easy) Snacks Your Kids Won’t Hate
Do you ever run out of good ideas for what healthy snacks to feed your kiddos? Me too. That’s why I make lists like this. It helps to have some go-to ideas that are quick and generally work even for picky kids. Here are a dozen I’ve found to be popular with most children. We have linked in the headings what our favorites are.
- Kale Chips You can make your own in the oven, air-fryer, or dehydrator—be sure to add a little lemon juice or vinegar to make the flavor pop!
- Plain Nori It may sound boring, but you’d be surprised at how many kids love this crunchy, mineral-rich snack! You can cut up sheets of nori, or buy them pre-packaged and seasoned—which is how my picky kid prefers it.
- Apple Slices with dip. I make a simple dip out of peanut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
- Parfaits Layer vegan yogurt with granola and fresh berries—yum!
- Whole Grain Muffins Because I mean, what kid doesn’t love to be given a muffin?
- Sushi Bowls Top brown rice with tofu, sesame seeds, diced carrots, and any other sushi-ish vegetables your kids will eat. Sprinkle with tamari and serve with nori strips to scoop up the “fillings.”
- Pick Up This FREE Vegan Sushi Recipe Book From Amazon. Click –> Vegan Sushi Cookbook: 35+ Delicious Vegan Sushi Recipes
- Mini Pizzas So easy to make! Top whole grain or sprouted English muffin halves with marinara sauce, sprinkle with vegan cheese and add a little baby spinach or basil. Bake at 400 F until golden-browned.
- Rice Cakes Try the tamari or seaweed flavor topped with a little hummus. Or top a plain rice cake with almond butter and sliced strawberries.
- Fresh Fruit The ultimate fast food! You can make a habit of always having fresh fruit on hand, so your kids can grab a banana or pear when they’re hungry. Or whip up a green smoothie—you’d be surprised at how easy it is to sneak some spinach into a blueberry banana smoothie!
- Salads It’s all about the dressing, people. When my daughter was younger, I could get her to eat a salad if I served it with a sweet dressing (Poppy-seed or raspberry). When she was very little, I used to wrap berries in lettuce leaves, and she’d devour them. These days, I have better luck with a savory dressing (such as vegan ranch or creamy miso) or a vegan Caesar salad.
I’ve recently rediscovered the wonderful world of nooch. It’s a pounded sweet brown rice that you can buy in packages in the refrigerated section of most health food stores. I find kids prefer the cinnamon raisin variety, by the way. To prepare, simply cut it into small squares and bake at 400F until very poofy (it’s a word, right?). Then, drizzle with a little maple syrup or agave nectar, sprinkle with cinnamon, and you’ve got an energizing, nourishing treat your kids will love!
A Note From The Raise Vegan Staff
Don’t forget to check out the Facebook Group Vegan Eats For Smaller Feet, for some great ideas on easy peasy meal ideas for that amazing plant based family! If you’re looking for other like minded parents, we have the main group, Vegan Pregnancy and Parenting, over thirty thousand parents, all Raising Vegan! We also have some great posts about Dealing With Cravings During Pregnancy
From homeschooling, to food and everything in between. We have you covered for every over asked question that may come your way. Check out articles such as Vegan Nacho Cheese Dip and Scrumptious Sweet Potato Fries.
Raising children vegan is sometime wrought with worries about nutrition, and doubts from outside influences. You are doing an amazing thing for your kids, the planet, and most importantly, the animals. We thank you, we are grateful to you, and we admire you! Keep on rocking vegan parents, we are changing the world together!
Tags: beyond meat burger, easy vegan meals, easy vegan recipe, easy vegan recipes, easy vegan snacks, easy vegan snacks for kids, easy vegetarian meals, easy vegetarian recipe, easy vegetarian recipes, easy vegetarian snacks, fake meat, plant based diet, plant based protein, quick vegan food, quick vegan snacks, TGI Friday's, vegetarian diet, vegetarian diet plan, vegetarian meals, whole food plant based diet