Cinnamon Infused Vegan Quinoa Yogurt Tarts
Quinoa is usually a side dish or mixed in a Buddha bowl with a ton of vegetables. But it doesn’t take much to change this usually savory side to a sweet one. If you are trying to stay gluten-free or more on the cleaner side of vegan food, these cinnamon infused vegan quinoa yogurt tarts are a light snack that everyone will enjoy. I love using this recipe for my kids because they are a fun way to serve everyday non dairy yogurt. These little tarts are so simple and have a hint of a cinnamon nut flavor to bring out the tartness of any yogurt and the sweetness of any berry.
Quinoa yogurt tarts are a great after school snack for your kiddos without all the added sugar.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- PREGNANT MEGHAN MARKLE DITCHES SANDRINGHAM SHOOTING
- WHAT IS PLACENTA PREVIA? KNOW ALL ABOUT IT
- NESTLÉ TO LAUNCH NEW ‘INCREDIBLE VEGAN BURGER’ THIS YEAR
- 5 ITEMS YOU NEED TO KICK OFF YOUR VEGANUARY
- THE HONEY POT ARGUMENT WITH A COLLEAGUE OVER WHY VEGANS DON’T EAT HONEY
Cinnamon Quinoa Yogurt Tarts
- 1 ½ cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp date sugar
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cup dairy-free vanilla yogurt (or flavor of your choosing)
- Assorted fruits for topping
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flax and water. Set aside to allow the mixture to create a paste.
- In another bowl, mix together quinoa, cinnamon, date sugar, vanilla, and coconut oil. Slowly pour in flax mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of quinoa dough into each muffin cup. With slightly damp fingers, press mixture into each cup to create a well.
- Place muffin pan into the oven and bake for 25 minutes until golden-brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove cups from tin; be careful, they will be fragile.
- Fill each cup with 2 tablespoons of yogurt and top with your favorite fruits.
Did you like this quinoa yogurt tarts recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: