Creamy Pumpkin Soup Perfect For Fall
This creamy pumpkin soup is so delicious and easy-peasy to make.
You can roast pumpkin the traditional way, but I wanted to whip up something super fast so I used canned pumpkin and it turned out amazing, like fall in a bowl. Follow the recipe below and enjoy the finest flavors fall has to offer.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk (I recommend full fat)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Dash of ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Pumpkin seeds, cashew cream, hot sauce.
Instructions for your creamy pumpkin soup
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and add onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until onions become translucent.
- Stir in the pumpkin, vegetable stock, coconut milk, maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat, until the soup has reduced and thickened.
- Puree with an immersion blender or in a stand blender until very smooth.
- Garnish your pumpkin soup with roasted pumpkin seeds, cashew cream, and hot sauce.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: