Almost guilt-free frozen banana bread squares recipe
Banana bread is one of those great versatile foods that can be eaten all day without any judgment. It’s perfect for a quick grab and go breakfast and sweet enough for dessert. Banana bread is one of the reasons I love overripe bananas, the other being nice cream. So, I thought why not bring these two sweet treats together in perfect harmony and I created this frozen banana bread squares recipe. It has all the nutty cinnamon flavor that I love in a freshly baked loaf. I love this recipe because it’s easy to assemble and there is no baking required. And for an added bonus is there is no refined sugar. Since spring is here and summer is fast approaching a nice cool treat is in order. This frozen banana bread squares recipe is guaranteed to satisfy the sweet tooth without the guilt.
RELATED: RAISE VEGAN DESSERTS EBOOK
READ MORE: VEGAN CHOCOLATE NICE CREAM
Frozen Banana Bread Squares Recipe
- 2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked *( soak cashews in 1 cup hot water for at least an hour or two to soften)
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- In a food processor, blend rolled oats, soaked cashews, golden raisins, cinnamon, and water until thoroughly combined. Should be dough like consistency and if it’s a little sticky that’s ok.
- Remove dough from processor and press down into a parchment lined pan to create a crust. If it gets a little too sticky to work with, try wetting your fingertips to move the mixture around evenly.
- Rinse out the food processor and add bananas and ¾ cup walnuts. Blend until well mixed.
- Pour mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly. Chop remaining ¼ cup walnuts and sprinkle on top. Freeze for at least 2 hours to set.
- Remove from freezer and cut into 12 squares. Store in an airtight container in the freezer up to 3 days.
READ MORE: CARROT MANGO POPSICLES
RELATED: VEGAN BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE
As easy as that you can have these delicious and super satisfying frozen treats, perfect for those hot summer days we’re all dreaming of. What’s your favorite frozen treat for during the summer? Let us know in the comments below!