Kid Approved Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream
I don’t know about you but I love vegan ice cream.
There’s really no better way to cool down on a hot summers day than with a refreshing ice cream cone. As for flavors, mint and chocolate have always been my two firm favorites. I use this recipe for making my own vegan ice cream pretty regularly throughout the summer and it can be easily mixed up by changing a few ingredients. Kid approved, and super tasty, this one is a winner.
- 3 large frozen bananas
- 14 oz soaked pitted dates
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Shaved dark chocolate
- Mint leaves
- Add bananas and dates to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add in almond milk, vanilla extract, and cacao powder until it forms a paste.
- If your mixture is too lose at this point, you can add in some more frozen bananas.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed.
- Transfer to a container and freeze for 20 minutes or until your vegan ice cream reaches a good scooping consistency.
- Scoop out, serve in bowls or cones of your choice, add optional toppings and enjoy!
This recipe is good for about a week if kept in a covered container in the freezer, but it is best eaten when it’s fresh.
If you enjoyed this recipe and are looking for more inspiration for delicious vegan desserts, be sure to check out other recipes like Chocolate Fudge Bliss Balls and our fabulous Blueberry Cheesecake.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: