Easy To Make Creamy Sweet Chili Cauliflower Bites
Cauliflower is a perfect meat substitute especially for first timers who are trying to get their feet wet in the vegan world. It can be used for rice, “steaks”, and a popular choice tacos. My favorite way to use this chameleon vegetable is popcorn sweet chili cauliflower bites. You can use this same recipe as a great base and switch up the sauce for whatever suits your palate’s mood. Even though I recommend any sauce with these popcorn bites; I use the creamy sweet chili sauce because it has a great decadent flavor to match with plain jasmine rice, lettuce cups, or even just for a quick dip.
Creamy Sweet Chili Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup plant based milk
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups traditional bread crumbs
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup tamari
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup plain, dairy-free yogurt
Keep Scrolling for the creamy sweet chili cauliflower bites recipe.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 20 Festive and Christmas Baby Names
- 3 Vegan Cookie Recipes to Bake this Week!
- A Dozen Healthy (and Easy) Snacks Your Kids Won’t Hate
- Forget Baking This Christmas and Pick Up These Awesome Vegan Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray a large roasting pan or baking sheet with oil. Cut the cauliflower into florets, rinse and pat dry. Place them in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour and garlic powder. Slowly whisk in milk and water until well combined and flour has dissolved. In a separate bowl add breadcrumbs.
- Dredge cauliflower florets in the batter so they are completely coated. Then, toss the florets in the breadcrumbs and place on to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Rotate and bake an additional 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Let cool for a few minutes and then place florets in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sweet chili sauce, tamari, rice vinegar, garlic, salt, and plain dairy free yogurt.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower and lightly toss coating the florets evenly.
- Enjoy over jasmine rice or in lettuce cups topped with green onion for a balanced flavor.
Did you like this creamy sweet chili cauliflower bites recipe? Comment below.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: