Jazz Up Your Evening With This Spicy Vegetable Rice With Mint Cilantro Dip
Today I am sharing Vegetable Rice With Mint Cilantro Dip recipe.
Vegetable Rice is a delicious aromatic main course meal that can be paired up with a variety of sides, such as mint-cilantro dip, potato curry, or chickpea curry. You can adjust the spice meter as per your preference. The best part about this dish is you don’t need to be an expert chef to get the flavor right. Pretty versatile!
Along with the vegetable rice, I am also putting out the mint cilantro dip recipe at the end. You can try both for a wholesome meal to fire up those taste buds. In my experience, any type of rice dish tastes much better with this dip. If you want it to be less spicy, skip green chilies.
Vegetable Rice With Mint Cilantro Dip
Vegetable Rice Recipe
- High quality rice (one with big grain size): 1 cup
- Processed soybean (optional): 1/2 cup
- Chopped onion: 1/2 cup
- Crushed garlic cloves: 5
- Ginger paste: 1 inch piece
- Peas: 1/2 cup
- Cauliflower (chopped): 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes (finely chopped or grind): 1/4 cup
- Carrots: 1/2 cup
- Bell pepper (optional): 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice: 1/2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: 1/4 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt: as per taste
- Red chili powder: as per preference (I use 1/2 tablespoon)
- Vegetable oil: 1/4 cup
- Water: 2 cups
Vegetable rice with mint cilantro dip recipe continues below.
Pick up six issues of Raise Vegan Magazine for only $29.40!
- Wash and soak rice for at least one hour before cooking.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium flame. Crackle cumin seeds in it. Add onions, cloves and ginger paste. Saute over medium high flame till onions turn translucent.
- Add tomato paste to the wok and saute for a minute. When the tomatoes begin to leave oil from sides, add all the vegetables. Saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt over the vegetable mix. Mix well.
- Add processed soybean and cook for 1 minute. Next, add water and bring it to boil.
- When the water comes to a boil, lower the heat. Drain the soaked rice and add them to the boiling water-vegetable mix in the wok.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid. This is to prevent steam from escaping the wok. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and check if rice grain are cooked. Season with lemon juice.
Vegetable rice is ready!
You can pair vegetable rice either with mint-cilantro dip (recipe below) or spicy chickpea curry.
You might also like:
- WIN OVER YOUR GUESTS WITH THIS VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUP WITH COFFEE MOUSSE
- 3 Vegan Cookie Recipes to Bake this Week!
- 10 Vegan Friendly Christmas Movies For The Whole Family
- Christmas Family Vegan Fashion Style
Mint-Cilantro Dip Recipe
- Mint leaves: 2 cups
- Cilantro leaves: 2 cups
- Green chilies (chopped): 1 cup
- Tomatoes: 2 medium sized
- Garlic cloves: 6
- Onions: 1 large
- Lemon: 1/2 medium sized
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: 1/4 tablespoon
- Water: as needed
Blend all the ingredients (except lemon juice) together. Add water as needed. Generally, I prefer medium consistency, hence I add 1/2 cup of water. Squeeze half a lemon over the mint-cilantro dip. Your spicy dip is ready.
And, if you’re still wondering what kind of Christmas gifts to get this year. Pick up six issues of Raise Vegan Magazine for only $29.40!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: