Kid Friendly Heart-Shaped Vegan French Toast – Valentine’s Day 2019
This easy, heart-shaped vegan French toast recipe for kids makes a perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast, brunch or dinner. This is an easy, fun recipe that your kids can help with. Have them use the heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes in the slices of bread. It’s a breakfast love-fest.
You might also like:
- Skin Salvaging Spirulina Vegan Smoothie
- Butternut Squash Quinoa Vegan Salad Recipe
- 5 MORE Must-Have Smartphone Apps for Vegans
- Distracted Parenting? Guilty as Charged!
Vegan French Toast – Valentine’s Day 2019
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax-seed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 loaf day-old bread, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Optional: maple syrup and sliced strawberries for topping
- In a wide mixing bowl, add the coconut milk, flax-seed, vanilla, and cinnamon, whisk together and then let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Use the heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes from the center of bread slices.
- Heat one
table spoonof coconut oil in a pan, over medium-low heat.
- Dip slices of bread into the batter, one side at a time, make sure to cover bread completely.
- Transfer slices to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown.
- Optional: Drizzle vegan french toast with maple syrup.
How do you plan to celebrate this Valentine’s Day? Let us know in the comments below.