New England Vegan “Clam” Chowder Easy-to-Cook Recipe
Here is a refreshing, quick and easy-to-cook vegan clam chowder recipe to make Super Bowl Sundays even more fun. I’ve been posting a lot of Valentine’s Day recipes lately, but let’s not forget that tiny little event that happens before all of the love and romance. What event is that?
The Super Bowl of course. The day millions of viewers around the globe turn on their TVs to watch football, see the half-time acts, or merely to check out what crazy commercials they’ll have. If unlike me, you happen to be a New England Patriots fan, you may want to try your hand at a “traditional” New England dish. This New England vegan “clam” chowder has delicious mushrooms and zero clams. Give it a try.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- How Meat Is Causing Global Warming
- Animal Free Eggs To Become A Reality
- Europeans Lead The Way To Ban Animal Testing
- If America went vegan, 327 million people would have enough to eat – twice
New England Vegan Clam Chowder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups red potatoes, washed and diced
- 6 oz baby Bella mushrooms, chopped
- 3 oz oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Add the olive oil to a medium soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Stirring occasionally, cook until tender.
- Add dried thyme, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the all-purpose flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Drizzle in the vegetable broth slowly, stirring to lift the brown bits.
- Add the potatoes and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove chowder from heat and remove the lid to let it cool a little.
- Remove 4 cups of chowder from the pot and pour it into a blender.
- Pour the pureed chowder back into the pot and stir to combine.
- Add dairy-free milk and bring to a simmer. Add red wine vinegar and stir.
Ladle chowder into soup bowls and garnish with parsley and oyster crackers.
Enjoy! Go Rams!!!!
Did you like this vegan clam chowder recipe? Let us know in the comments below.