Irresistible Peanut Butter Cup Granola Recipe
Peanut butter cup. Chocolate. Granola. Three of the most wonderful things to hear at breakfast time.
This peanut butter cup granola is a tried and tested recipe for me and one I absolutely love. I usually make this the night before and have it in the morning on the weekends when I feel like I deserve a treat, which let’s face it, is pretty much most weekends. Sometimes I mix it up and add a few berries in there too so I don’t feel like I’m being too unhealthy. It’s really easy and only takes about 30 minutes to whip up, and about 30 seconds to demolish.
- 3 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free oats for GF eaters)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 cup salted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cup pieces
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and oats (this makes them extra crispy)
- In a saucepan, combine the peanut butter, oil and maple syrup or agave and heat until melted and mixed thoroughly. The consistency should be loose and pourable.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the oats. Mix it quickly until all the oats are covered. If the mixture looks too wet in consistency, add some more oats.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and spread the oats evenly on the tray.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Toss the oats halfway through to make sure they cook evenly.
- Remove from the oven and toss gently to remove heat and speed up the cooling process.
- When the oats have cooled either serve them in a bowl with a spoonful of peanut butter on top and a few halved mini peanut butter cup pieces or transfer to a container and store in the refrigerator.
These oats will keep for about two weeks covered in the refrigerator and after that, you can freeze them. Although they never last that long in my house!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Tags: easy vegan breakfast, peanut butter, peanut butter cup