Spruce up your kitchen with this beet hummus recipe
If you’re anything like me, the idea of beets is meh at best. I understand, and making a beet hummus, I was a little dubious as to how it would turn out, but this is out of this world. I have to stop myself
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
Ingredients for beet hummus
- Five medium sized beets, scrubbed clean, cooked, peeled, and cubed*
- 2 Tablespoons of tahini
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 medium-sized clove of garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon of ground cumin
- Zest of one lemon
- salt to taste
*To cook the beets, cut off any tops, scrub the roots clean, put them in a covered dish with about 1/4-inch of water in a 375°F oven, and cook until easily penetrated with a knife or fork. Alternatively, cover with water in a saucepan and simmer until tender, about 1/2 hour. Peel
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
- Place all ingredients in a blender until smooth as you’d normally expect hummus to be. Taste and adjust seasonings and ingredients as desired.
2. Chill and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for longer storage.
3. Enjoy your beet hummus on a sandwich, toast, with crackers or some tortilla chips.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: