The Most Delicious And Easy Baguette Recipe You’ll Ever Make
Looking for an easy baguette recipe? Look no further!
Crunchy, flaky and just so delicious, you might find that you need to make two at a time, just because you’ll have devoured one before it’s even had a chance to cool down. Break out the vegan butter, because nothing tastes as good as melting butter on a hot slice of this easy baguette recipe.
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (not hot or boiling)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
That’s right, that’s it!
- Pour yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Lightly mix in the flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Add 2 3/4 cups flour to yeast mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Knead until the salt is incorporated and the dough is smooth and elastic (average 6 mins); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel really sticky).
Did I mention that this is a super easy baguette recipe? Three steps, that’s it. Now onto step two.
- Place dough in large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top.
- Cover and let rise in warm place (85°), 40 minutes or until doubled in size. You can poke your fingers into the dough, if the indent stays, it is ready to go forward.
- Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Then cut into two pieces.
- Working with 1 portion at a time, ensure that you cover the remaining dough to prevent it from dying out, roll each portion on a floured surface into a 12-inch rope, slightly tapered at ends.
- Place ropes on large baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Lightly coat dough with cooking spray, and cover; let rise 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Uncover the dough. Cut 3 (1/4-inch-deep) diagonal slits across top of each loaf.
- Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until browned on bottom and sounds hollow when tapped.
THAT IS IT! You have yourself an easy baguette recipe, if not the easiest baguette around! 100% vegan, and 100% delicious!