Vegan Chickpea Parmigiana Recipe To Try This Weekend
Here’s a easy vegan chickpea parmigiana recipe for all those who love Italian food.
Italian food is easily the most craved cuisine for us. It has also been the most difficult for us to enjoy vegan style. Eating at one of our local Italian restaurants usually leaves us with one or two options at best. The menu is mostly dishes that are covered in cheese and meat. Needless to say, we usually don’t pick this type of meal when planning an outing. Making it at home however is how we make up for this. Chickpea parmigiana is a great substitute for the meat and dairy version. You get a great source of protein from the chickpeas along with classic Italian flavors of oregano and basil. For a twist, you can make this easily into a sub sandwich. Just roll the dough into “meatballs”, top with your favorite vegan provolone and stuff it into a hoagie. Either way, you are in for a great Italian vegan meal that everyone can enjoy.
You might also like:
- Skin Salvaging Spirulina Vegan Smoothie
- Butternut Squash Quinoa Vegan Salad Recipe
- 5 MORE Must-Have Smartphone Apps for Vegans
- Distracted Parenting? Guilty as Charged!
Vegan Chickpea Parmigiana Recipe
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 8 ounces favorite pasta, cooked
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- In a food processor, pulse chickpeas until broken down. Add breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, parsley, lemon juice, and water. Blend until a dough is formed.
- Scoop a 1/2 cup of dough and form into a patty. Continue until all dough is used. You should have 4 patties.
- Spray a non-stick pan and heat over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add chickpea cakes and cook about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Heat sauce in a saucepan until bubbling.
- Serve patties over pasta and top with sauce and some homemade cashew hemp parmesan.
Did you like this vegan chickpea parmigiana recipe? Let us know in the comments below.