Vegan Gingerbread Cookies To Try This Christmas
These vegan gingerbread cookies are festive and fun. Crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside and jam-packed with holiday flavor.
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 flax “egg”
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour, plus a little extra for rolling out the dough
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1¼ teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cup vegan powdered sugar, sifted
- 1-2 tablespoons plain unsweetened almond milk
Keep scrolling for the vegan gingerbread cookie recipe
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- RELISH THIS RAW VEGAN ICE CREAM LAYERED CAKE
- Vegan Cookie Cream Cheesecake that Melts In Your Mouth!
- 3 Vegan Cookies Recipe To Bake This Week
- 3 Vegan Desserts To Wow Your Sunday
Instructions To Make Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the vegan butter, sugar, molasses, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, and flax “egg” on medium-high speed for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt until combined. The dough should be nice and thick.
- Wrap the dough in saran wrap and chill it for 1 hour in the freezer.
- Once the dough is chilled, divide it in half and roll it out between two pieces of parchment paper, flouring the bottom piece of parchment paper and top of the dough as needed to prevent it from sticking.
- The rolled dough should be about ¼-inch thick. Cut into your desired shapes and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Chill the unbaked cookies in the freezer for 10 minutes before you bake them.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Prepare the icing: In a large mixing bowl, mix the vegan butter and powdered sugar. Add in the almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time and mix until the texture is thick but pliable. Transfer the icing to an icing bag.
- Decorate the cookies. Leftover cookies need be kept covered and stored at room temperature (up to a few days).
Did you like this vegan gingerbread cookies recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Tags: vegan cookies, vegan snacks