Vegan Mole Chilaquiles With Greens & Beans
Perfect any time of the year, the Mexican staple dish of chilaquiles are a hearty, flavorful meal sure to brighten up anything from a summer barbecue to a cold winter day.
Simple and versatile, this flavor-packed recipe — from the one and only Dora of popular plant-based blog Dora’s Table — is sure to expand your family’s palettes and become a quick-and-easy go-to in now time!
And hey — who can say no to mole?
Vegan Mole Chilaquiles With Greens And Beans
- 24 corn tortillas, cut into triangles (12ths) or (1 bag of corn chips)
Greens and Beans:
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz Spinach, (about 1 bag)
- 1 can (14 oz.) Black beans, drained
- 1 jar (7.2 oz) Hernan Mole Poblano
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place tortilla triangle on two baking sheets lined with parchment and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crispy. Remove from oven and set aside. (You can also fry them in a heavy bottomed sauté pan until golden brown, or buy a bag of chips.)
- Next, heat a large sauté pan to medium heat and pour in ¼ cup of water. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add spinach and mix.
- Once spinach has cooked down (about 2 minutes) add black beans. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the sauce, set a large pot to medium heat, add 1 cup of vegetable stock and mole paste. Stir.
- Once the mole paste dissolves, and the mixture starts simmering, add the second cup of vegetable stock. It will seem like the mole is too thin, but as soon as the mole cools down even a little bit it thickens. Bring to a simmer, stir, and remove from heat.
- Before you bring the dish together, make sure your mole is the right consistency, it should be the consistency of a thin cream soup, adjust as necessary with vegetable stock.
- Add chips, and the greens and beans into the pot with the mole. Mix well to coat. Serve immediately and top with almond crema, vegan queso Cotija, and onion. Enjoy!
You might also like:
- VEGAN SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS
- VEGAN THAI SUNFLOWER NOODLES
- VEGAN RED QUINOA CHICKPEA CURRY
Tags: dairy free, Egg Free, meat free, Mexican, Mexican Food, plant based, quick vegan recipe, vegan