VEGAN THREE BEAN CURRY RECIPE
This three bean curry is a great way to get in that little bit of extra protein and fiber. It’s comforting home cooked food that will warm you up on chilly night. Even better, you can make it all in one pot so there’s less cleaning up to do!
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green chili, chopped
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup kidney beans
- ½ cup white beans
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Juice of half a lemon
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
- Over a medium heat, heat up your oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and cook until the crackle.
2. Add in chopped onions and green chili and saute for 2-3 minutes, until the onions have turned translucent. Add the grated ginger and garlic to your three bean curry and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
3. Add your tomatoes to the pan, stir and cook for approx 5-6 minutes. Add in the curry powder, turmeric, and cumin powder and mix well.
4. Add in your beans and continue to stir. Cover your pan and let it cook on a medium heat for 7-8 minutes. Add in your water and coconut milk and stir to combine. Simmer for 5-8 minutes and add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
5. Serve your three bean curry over a bed of rice and enjoy.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN.STORE