Amazing Vegan Cheese Tart Recipe With Zucchini
Sometimes, a vegan recipe comes along, and it’s so delicious, that you’re unsure if you’ll ever eat anything ever again! This vegan cheese tart recipe with zucchini is one of them. It’s great for a lazy date on the couch, or wowing guests for a rooftop party.
- For the Crust:
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 3 Tbsp sesame tahini
- 4 Tbsp soy milk (or any other on-dairy milk)
- For the Filling:
- 2 large zucchinis
- 16 oz firm regular tofu
- 2 Tsp dried rosemary
- ½ Tsp turmeric
- ½ Tsp salt
- ⅓ cup chopped bell pepper (yellow or red)
- 2 Tbsp diced yellow onion
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
Vegan Cheese Tart Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate or if you have a tartlet tray, grease accordingly.
- Creating the crust, place the garbanzo bean flour in a medium bowl, adding the soy milk and tahini. Mixing until it forms a dough ball, if it seems too dry, add more milk, small teaspoon amounts until it does form.
- Press the ball into the pie dish, or cut to place in tartlets. Gently press the ball outwards to cover the bottom and halfway up the side of the dish(s). Bake the crust in the oven for seven mins. Leave to the side to cool.
- While the crust bakes, cut 10 to 12 very thin slices from the center of one zucchini and set aside for garnish. Using a box grater, shred enough of the remaining zucchini to equal 1½ cups (lightly packed). Put the 1½ cups shredded zucchini in a
fine meshedstrainer and place it over a medium bowl. Let the shredded zucchini stand for 10 minutes to drain excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, put the tofu, Italian seasoning, turmeric, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper in a blender and process until smooth.
- Before removing the zucchini from the strainer, press it gently with your hands to push out any excess liquid. Put the zucchini and maple syrup in a large bowl and stir gently to coat. Add the red pepper and onion, and stir to combine.
- Add the tofu to the zucchini mixture. Add the vegan cheese tart recipe and fresh pepper, and stir gently to combine. Pour the tofu mixture into the crust. Smooth the top.
- Cut the reserved zucchini slices in half and press them into the top of the quiche in a decorative fashion. Sprinkle the paprika in an even layer over the top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the center is set. Put the pan on a wire rack and cool for at least 60 minutes before slicing into wedges. May be served warm or refrigerated and served chilled.
Recipe from PBS.org
Have a vegan cheese tart recipe you want to share? Get in touch!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: