Blow Away Your Non Vegan Friends With This Spicy Potato Cauliflower Curry
Nope, don’t be mistaken by the picture. It’s one hundred percent vegan curry! No meat, no dairy, no animal products at all! This lip-smackingly good spicy potato cauliflower curry is an easy to make delicious main course meal that can be served at weekend gatherings. Serve this to your
You might also like:
- Red Kidney Beans Curry With Cumin Rice (Recipe Inside)
- Vegan Potato Curry
- Refreshing Vegan Mango Shrikhand To Delight Your Senses
- Soft, spongy and delicious vegan rasgullas your way
Spicy Potato Cauliflower Curry
This is an absolute favorite main course meal at my home and tastes best with a steaming bowl of cumin rice. Let’s get to the recipe.
For the curry
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups potato cubes
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green chilies, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- vegetable oil to cook
- water as needed
1 inchcinnamon stick 1 staranise
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder (or more, if you like the spice)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- pinch of asafoetida powder
- salt to taste
- In a deep base pan, saute potato and cauliflower florets until they are almost done. Alternatively, you can fry cauliflower and potatoes.
- Heat oil (3-4 tbsp) in a wok. When
oilis hot enough, crackle cumin seeds in it. Add asafoetida powder. Asafoetida has anti bloatingproperties, hence it prevents flatulence sometimes caused by cauliflower.
- Add star anise, cinnamon stick, cloves
andfennel seeds. Let them crackle a bit.
- Next, add ginger garlic paste and onions to the hot spice mix. Saute it for a while till the raw smell of onion goes away.
- When the onions turn translucent, add tomato puree and green chilies. Cook over medium flame till it starts leaving oil from the sides.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder, and red chili powder. Saute in with the tomato-onion gravy mix.
- Add coconut cream to the gravy and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Mix the sauteed/ fried potato cauliflower pieces well with the gravy.
- Add half a cup of water and cook uncovered for at least 10 minutes over
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Spicy potato cauliflower curry is ready. Serve with cumin rice. If you like the recipe, don’t forget to share!
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: