Cilantro and Cranberry Quinoa Salad
I love a good quinoa salad, throw in some quinoa and cranberry and you have yourself an epic salad with not a lot of prep time! This classic has a little twist on it that will get your sweet and savory taste buds going!
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 + 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 TBSP fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 limes, 1 for juice and 1 cut into wedges
- 1 tsp curry powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup bell peppers diced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 TBSP pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for drizzling, as desired
Quinoa Salad Method
Firstrinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan to medium heat and lightly toast the quinoa to remove any excess water. Stir as it toasts for just a few minutes.
- Next add your water or broth, set burner to high, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer,
- Combine freshly cooked quinoa with lime juice, curry powder, peppers, onion, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and carrots. Season to taste.
Chill salad before serving.
Can be made in advance and keeps up to 4 days. Serve with fresh lime wedges for an extra burst of citrus!
Have a quinoa salad that you love? let us know in the comments
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: