Simple Vegan Mini Tartlets Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good starter? This recipe for mini tartlets is simple and doesn’t take too long to make, but the results are fantastic. They are great for parties as finger food, or for a starter for a sit-down dinner. I’ve made these for friends multiple times and they’re always a hit, plus you can always change the recipe around to make your own mini tartlets!
- 1 1/2 cup corn flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 15 oz can refried beans
- 10 oz sweet corn
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Sliced avocados
- Sliced tomatoes
- Preheat over to 425 F. Coat a muffin tin in vegetable oil to prevent mini tartlets from sticking.
- Mix flour, and half the salt together in a bowl. Slowly add in water, mixing constantly with a spoon until it moistened. Add in the oil and stir until completely combined and the mixture holds together.
- Shape the dough into balls about the size of a walnut. Press flat with the heel of your hand, and press it into the prepared tin. Press dough gently into the tin until thin, it’s ok if the dough goes over the edges of the tin, and trim excess.
- Bake shells for approx 18 minutes, until they are light brown and crispy. Cool in tray for about 5 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare your tart filling. Mix refried beans, sweet corn, salt, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili pepper and black pepper thoroughly in a bowl.
- Assemble your tarts. Place the mini tartlet shells back into the tray and spoon in filling. Top with salsa if desired.
- Bake tarts in the oven for 5-8 minutes, until the beans are cooked through and filling is bubbling slightly.
- Remove from oven and place on a platter. Top with sliced avocado and tomatoes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This mini tartlets recipe always goes down well and its packed full of protein too.
Do you have a favorite starter? Let us know in the comments below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: