Delicious and Easy Broccoli Tater Tots Recipe
This is a wonderful recipe to add to your rota! The broccoli tater tots are delicious, they can be enjoyed as a snack and also make a tasty side dish for the main course. I like to whip up a batch when I’m entertaining.
I like a little zing to my food and the chili powder gives it just that, if you have a more delicate palate you can use paprika instead.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
Broccoli Tater Tots
Servings: 15 tots
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- A pinch chilli powder (or paprika)
- half white onion finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic diced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
Method for your broccoli tater tots
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil.
- Peel the potatoes and chop it into 2-inch chunks. Add the potato to the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- While your potatoes are cooking, remove the broccoli stem and separate the head into medium-sized florets.
- Add the broccoli florets in the saucepan with the potato and boil for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pan and leave the potato and broccoli to cool.
- Once cool enough to touch, grate the potato and chop up the broccoli finely, then transfer both to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and give it a good mix with your hands.
- Take a large tbsp of the mixture, squeeze it in your hands to form a ball, then shape it into a cylinder. Repeat and place each broccoli tater tot on the lined baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Leave your broccoli tater tots to cool for 10 minutes before serving with a dipping sauce (I like to dip mine in a zesty vegan ranch dip)
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN