Mouth-wateringly Good Vegan Baked Plantain Fries
Sometimes all you want is fries, and these golden baked plantain fries are a fabulous option instead of regular potato fries. All you need is a little bit of salt and pepper to let their naturally delicious flavor shine through.
- 2 raw plantains, peeled and cut into fries
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
Note: To prepare the plantains for your baked plantain fries, cut off both ends using a paring knife, then cut the plantains into 3 pieces. Run your paring knife down the length of each piece, making a cut deep enough to go through the skin but not the flesh. Grasp a corner of the plantain skin and peel.
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
2. In a large mixing bowl place your plantain fries and season with the spices and oil.
3. Place on a large baking sheet, making sure they do not overlap.
4. Bake for approx 20 minutes, turning over half way through to ensure an even crispness.
5. Remove from the oven and serve your baked plantain fries hot with a dipping sauce of your choice.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: