Quick And Easy Creamy Vegan Queso Dip
Some vegan cheeses are great, while others still have a long way to go. In my experience, even though some cheeses have come a long way and do mostly melt, it takes trial and error to find a good one. So I decided to make my own easy, creamy, vegan queso dip.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, finely diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced butternut squash
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 oz green chilis
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup chunky tomato salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
Method For Your Vegan Queso Dip
- in a large saucepan over a medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add in the onions and garlic and saute until the onions have softened.
- Add in the carrots, butternut squash, 1 tsp of salt, cumin, chili powder, and black pepper. Stir continuously for a couple of minutes. Add in the vegetable broth and simmer, stirring frequently until the vegetables are soft and tender. They should be soft enough to blend in a blender.
- Once your vegetables are softened, transfer your vegan queso dip to a high powered blender. Add in the green chilis, almond milk, drained cashews, nutritional yeast, salsa, and remaining 1 tsp of salt.
- Blend your mixture well, scraping down the sides as needed, until the mixture has reached a thick and creamy consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. If your mixture has cooled down, transfer to a saucepan and gently warm over a low heat.
- Serve in a bowl alongside tortilla chips, and garnish with your favorite toppings.
Note: Any vegan queso dip that is left over can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: