Delicious Sunday Morning Chocolate Banana Waffles
When you’re vegan and people ask, “wait, so what do you eat”? Most of the time our response is, “uhm, food”. Yes, you can still enjoy some pancakes and waffles on a Sunday morning just like any other person. All you have to do is substitute your ingredients. Let me share with you my favorite recipe for chocolate banana waffles that my 11-month-old and husband LOVE. It only takes 20 minutes!
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN.STORE
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup dairy-free milk (preferably almond)
- 1 “whole egg” egg replacer
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (as desired)
- Non-stick coconut oil spray
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
- The most important step is to first mix all your dry ingredients for your chocolate banana waffles first. Grab a large mixing bowl and add in your flour, salt, baking powder, cacao powder, chia seeds and rolled oats.
- Then on the side, in a small bowl, mix your egg replacer. Next, begin to add in your wet ingredients (dairy-free milk, banana and egg replacer) to your dry ingredients mixing bowl.
- Make sure to mash the banana as much as possible. Stir until smooth. Allow batter to rest while your waffle iron preheats.
- Once your waffle iron is ready, evenly spray it with your non-stick coconut oil spray. Then spread the batter for your chocolate banana waffles into the waffle iron where it almost covers the entire area (the batter expands as the waffle iron closes).
- Once your waffle iron flashes a green light (depending which one you use), remove your waffle and serve immediately with fresh fruits or any desired vegan-friendly toppings.
Enjoy your chocolate banana waffles with a fresh cup of coffee or juice!
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP