Delicious Vegan Meals: Tofu And Cashew Lettuce Cups
Cashew lettuce cups are a crisp refreshing meal that doesn’t give you the heavy full feeling. If you are looking to drops your carbs a little this is a great meal to incorporate into your weekly meal plan. Butter lettuce is one of my favorite greens for filling. It’s silky and has a smooth taste. The tofu filling is a great meat replacement and I added the cashews for a nice crunchy texture. The sauce has a little kick at the end which gives cashew lettuce cups an all-around flavor that will have you eating the whole dish without a hitch.
You might also like:
- Vegan Products To Keep Tattoos Looking Great
- Baked Pintos and Rice Taquitos
- Shine At Your Baby Shower With These Unique Hairstyles
- Natural Ways To Control Anxiety During Pregnancy
Tofu and Cashew Lettuce Cups
- 1 package firm tofu, drained and water pressed out
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves pulled and washed
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 4 tbsp. tamari
- 1 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 4 tsp tahini
- 1/8 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat; add yellow onions and 2 tbsp. of water. Sauté for a few minutes until onions start to sweat.
Add water as needed to ensure the onions do not stick.
- While onions are cooking, break down tofu into a crumble with your hands or a fork. Add tofu to the pan and let cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until tofu starts to brown.
- While tofu is cooking, prepare the sauce. Whisk together tamari, chili garlic sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, tahini, and fresh ginger until well combined.
- Reserve 1/4 cup sauce for dipping and pour the rest over the tofu. Cook for about 1-2 minutes allowing the sauce to absorb into the mixture.
- Remove from heat and fold in cashews and green onions. salt to taste.
- Scoop mixture into lettuce cups and enjoy.
Did you like this tofu and cashew lettuce cups recipe? Let me know in the comments below.