Easy Pasta Sauce, No More Cooking For Hours
Easy Peasy Pasta Sauce!
Wow even the staunch of omnivores with this recipe!
I’m a huge fan of easy, throw-together meals that are also nutritious and this is probably one of the easiest and most nutritious in my family’s meal rotation. This simple tomato based sauce can top any pasta to make it healthy and tasty and can easily be adjusted to make more or less servings.
I know after a long day at work, the last thing i really want to do, is start cooking, and days like that. We are more likely to go the easy route and order something in. So stock up on easy peasy recipes like this, and keep that vegan pizza delivery person at bay! It is a bonus that this recipe is just absolutely delicious! It’s also hard when toddlers are small, hungry and less than their pleasant selves.
More veggies can always be added, (more veggies can never be a bad thing haha) Anything such such as zucchini, spinach, and green beans are fantastic choices.
• 2 cups of roughly chopped button mushrooms (approx. 6-8 mushrooms)
• Medium sized yellow onion diced
• A clove of finely chopped or minced garlic (Just one)
• One roughly chopped red bell pepper (capsicum)
• 1 roughly chopped green bell pepper (capsicum)
• Three cups of chopped tomatoes (approx. 3-4 tomatoes)
• One TBSp of olive oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
• ½ a TBSp of dried (or 1 sprig of fresh) rosemary leaves
• ½ a cup of chopped parsley
• 1 chopped red chilli pepper
• (Other veggies to taste)
P. S. The Hemp Seeds make it oh so creamy!
– Heat the oil in a large pan on a medium heat
– Mix the garlic, onion, rosemary, and chili and sauté until the onion softens and browns slightly
– Toss in the mushrooms and bell peppers (and any additional veg) and keep it all moving until the peppers soften
– Add the tomatoes and parsley and cook until all ingredients come together as a sauce, stirring regularly
– It’s that simple!
This recipe makes about 4-6 servings, depending on serving size- more if you add lots of veggies.
The best thing about this sauce (apart from it’s taste and simplicity!) is how versatile it is. I often add falafels or TVP mince to appease family members who are used to some sort of meat in their meals. A little ground crumbles from Gardin always make it a little tasty too. It freezes so well that it can be made in large batches. a little reheating for work or school lunches and there’s a few more hours added to every day, to practice the accordion. It can be a salsa-type dip and if I’m honest, I sometimes even eat it in sandwiches!
What about you parents, do you have an easy ‘go-to’ recipes for your family? We’d love to hear about it in the comments. This is also a great meal for some of those first foods, a little sauce (minus the pasta) will get those little taste buds going!
Tags: babies, Baby, beyond meat burger, breastfeeding, easy foods, easy pasta, easy vegan food recipes, easy vegan meals, easy vegan recipes, easy vegetarian meals, easy vegetarian recipes, fake meat, formula use, gentle parenting, getting pregnant, is breastfeeding vegan, parenting books, pasta sauce, plant based diet, plant based protein, pregnancy books, quick food recipes, quick kids meal ideas, quick meal ideas, quick meals, raising babies, terrible two, terrible twos, TGI Friday's, toddlers, vegetarian diet, vegetarian diet plan, vegetarian meals, vegetarian pasta sauce, what do baby cries mean, what does baby crys mean, what does my baby want, what is parenting like, what is pregnancy like, whole food plant based diet, why do babies cry