Vegan Red Curry In Three Easy Steps
Vegan Red Curry Recipe!
Curries are incredibly versatile and this one is no different, ingredients can be added or switched for anyone with allergies or aversions. It’s a great way to add a few serves of veggies to your daily intake and is a family friendly meal- simply adjust the amount of curry paste to suit your little one’s palate.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
• 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
• 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), cut into small strips
• 2 cups of pre-soaked or canned chick peas
• 4 chopped tomatoes
• 375ml/ 13.5fl oz can of coconut milk
• 2 TBSp of red curry paste
• 1 cup of water
• Optional extra vegetables: parboiled potato or sweet potato, carrots, mushrooms
The Three Steps:
1. Simmer the water, tomatoes, capsicum, cauliflower, and any other veggies in a saucepan over a medium heat while stirring regularly for 10 minutes
2. Add the chick peas and curry paste and continue to simmer while stirring for a further 10 minutes
3. As the water reduces, add the coconut milk and continue to stir as it simmers until the ingredients have combined and thickened slightly
A Note From The Raise Vegan Staff
Don’t forget to check out the Facebook Group Vegan Eats For Smaller Feet, for some great ideas on easy peasy meal ideas for that amazing plant based family, like this Pad Thai that can be whipped up in a few mins. Or this Over Night Vanilla Chia Pudding for the early mornings. If you’re looking for other like minded parents, we have the main group, Vegan Pregnancy and Parenting, over thirty thousand parents, all Raising Vegan! From homeschooling, to food and everything in between. We have you covered for every over asked question that may come your way. Check out articles such as The Rhogam Shot & Rh Negative Blood and Breastfeeding, Parenting and The Relationship It Brings.
Raising children vegan is sometime wrought with worries about nutrition, and doubts from outside influences. You are doing an amazing thing for your kids, the planet, and most importantly, the animals. We thank you, we are grateful to you, and we admire you! Keep on rocking vegan parents, we are changing the world together!
Tags: babies, Baby, beyond meat burger, breastfeeding, easy curry ideas, easy red curry, easy vegan meals, easy vegan recipes, easy vegetarian meals, easy vegetarian recipes, fake meat, formula use, gentle parenting, getting pregnant, is breastfeeding vegan, meatless curry recipe, meatless dinner ideas, meatless mondays, meatless recipes for dinner, one pot curry recipe, parenting books, plant based diet, plant based protein, pregnancy books, raising babies, red curry ideas, red curry meal, terrible two, terrible twos, TGI Friday's, three step red curry, toddlers, vegetarian diet, vegetarian diet plan, vegetarian meals, vegetarian recipe, vegetarian red curry recipe, what do baby cries mean, what does baby crys mean, what does my baby want, what is parenting like, what is pregnancy like, whole food plant based diet, why do babies cry