Fall Back in Love With Tomato Soup This Fall
I love a good hearty soup, with some crunchy bread that is just warm and doughy. Fall is my favorite time of year, with the rightly colored leaves, cozy clothes, and so many soups! Tomato soup is one of my favorites, and without much further ado, here is one of the tried and trusted recipes.
Tomato Soup Recipe
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 14-ounce can tomatoes (crushed is best)
- 2 cups of veg stock
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 2 mins.
- Add cans of crushed tomatoes.
- Stir in the broth and bring to the boil, then simmer on a medium to low heat for 15 mins.
- Ideally, using an immersion blender would be easier to do, but if you are like me and use a countertop blender, blend the soup in batches and transfer to another pot as you go along.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: