Fiber Packed Meal Prep Salad Recipe
Looking for ways to incorporate fiber in your diet? Here’s a fiber packed meal prep salad recipe to help you out. Keep reading to find out more…
Fiber is something that many of us may forget about, especially when we place such a large emphasis on other vital nutrients such as protein and iron. Fiber is a type of carbohydrate, one that cannot be digested. Fiber is essential for our digestive system, it helps keep things moving and it also helps keep you feeling full longer. Fiber is easily found in a variety of fruits (bananas, apples), vegetables (kale), beans (kidney), and nuts (almonds, sesame). It is recommended for the average male to have between 30 and 38 grams daily and for women, 25 grams. What better way to get in some fiber than with a healthy salad?
This colorful meal prep salad features kale (2.6g per cup), almonds (11g per cup), sweet potato (3.8 g per cup), quinoa (1.6g per cup) and avocado (10g per cup). Leave the fiber bar in your purse for a rainy day and instead, keep reading to see how you can make this delectable fiber-packed salad that you can eat at home or meal prep for work.
You might also like:
- EASY VEGAN BREAKFAST RECIPE: SOUTHWEST CHICKPEA SCRAMBLE
- DELICIOUS VEGAN MEALS: TOFU AND CASHEW LETTUCE CUPS
- ANXIETY IN TEENS- HOW TO HELP THEM COPE
- SURVIVING AS A NIGHT-OWL PARENT WITH AN EARLY-BIRD CHILD
- HEARTY GUINNESS STEW RECIPE TO TRY THIS ST. PATRICK’S DAY
Fiber Packed Meal Prep Salad
- 3 cups kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 ½ cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: extra olive oil, for dressing
- In a large salad bowl, add the baked sweet potato, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and quinoa together. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Give the mixture a good stir so that everything is coated and well-seasoned.
- In either a meal prep contained or on a plate, lay a bed of chopped kale down first, followed by the seasoned mixture from step 1, sliced avocado, and sliced almonds.
- Optionally top with a little bit more olive oil just before serving or, another similar dressing of your choice.
- Enjoy with a side of vegan garlic bread, or with a piece of fruit.
Did you like this fiber-packed meal prep salad recipe? Let me know in the comments below.