How To Soothe Itchy Nipples During Pregnancy
Pregnancy is an intriguing time; with lots of happiness comes a little issues and problems since your body is undergoing several changes each day. From hormone renaissance inside your body to the growing belly and morning sickness, each day brings a set of challenges for soon-to-be mommies. And one such is itchy nipples during pregnancy.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 3 Myths About Exercise During Pregnancy
- 6 Supplements to Consider During Pregnancy
- Acne, Stretch Marks, and Hair Changes- 6 Body Changes During Pregnancy
- 12 Weird Early Pregnancy Symptoms No One Talks About
Why Do I Have Itchy Nipples During Pregnancy?
However embarrassed or uncomfortable you might be talking about the nipple saga, the truth is that it is not at all uncommon. In fact, sore/ itchy nipples are one of the first early signs of pregnancy and chances are you might experience these even before you know you’re pregnant.
There are several reasons behind itchy nipples during pregnancy ranging from hormone changes to the growing breasts. Your breasts become highly sensitized due to increased blood flow and this might cause your areolas and nipples to itch.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
Few Remedies To Soothe Itchy Nipples During Pregnancy
If you’re experiencing mild soreness, tingling sensation, itch, sensitivity around your nipples, following remedies might help you in soothing them.
- Moisturize: Many a times the culprit behind itchiness is dry skin. Apply a chemical free cream/ lotion, enriched with Vitamin E, Lanolin, Aloe Vera or Cocoa butter on your breasts.
- Nipple creams: There are a number of nipple creams widely available in market that are specifically meant to sooth soar breasts and itchy nipples.
- Comfortable Bra: Wear a comfortable maternity bra during pregnancy, especially the one that isn’t too tight fitted and allows air circulation. Those wired tight fitting bras are sure pretty to look at but can be the culprit behind intensifying your itchy-bi*chy problem.
- Stay away from harsh soaps: Soaps containing harsh chemicals can intensify your problem, as they devoid skin of its moisture. Use mild natural bath and beauty products to minimize the trouble.
- Petroleum jelly: Petroleum jelly not only adds a protective layer of moisture to skin, it also protects it from damage. Apply petroleum jelly on your breasts several times a day.
If you still do not find relief from itchy nipples during pregnancy, please consult your doctor. Sometimes sore/ itchy breasts and nipples can be a symptom of dermatitis, yeast infection or chafing. It is best to visit your doctor if you do not find relief within few days of trying home remedies.
Get Raise Vegan Magazine for $29.40 for Six Months!
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: