Make Toasty Vegan Garlic Bread At Home
Vegan garlic bread is a simple addition that can make your kids more excited than ever for dinner time. My favorite meal to have garlic bread with is alongside spaghetti and lentil bolognese but it also compliments any barbecued meal such as vegetable skewers. Although there aren’t frozen garlic breads available suitable for vegans yet (seriously, Costco. Get on this) you can very easily make your own garlic bread at home with minimal ingredients and minimal effort leaving you with more time to focus on your energetic toddler and less time in the kitchen. Here is how you can make toasty vegan garlic bread at home.
You might also like:
- EASY VEGAN BREAKFAST RECIPE: SOUTHWEST CHICKPEA SCRAMBLE
- DELICIOUS VEGAN MEALS: TOFU AND CASHEW LETTUCE CUPS
- ANXIETY IN TEENS- HOW TO HELP THEM COPE
- SURVIVING AS A NIGHT-OWL PARENT WITH AN EARLY-BIRD CHILD
- HEARTY GUINNESS STEW RECIPE TO TRY THIS ST. PATRICK’S DAY
Toasty Vegan Garlic Bread
- 1 vegan bread baguette of choice (ciabatta and sourdough also work great but most any will do)
- 4 tbsp vegan butter (I like Earth Balance)
- 5 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano flakes
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 ½ tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. As the oven preheats, you will prepare the garlic bread for baking.
- Peel, crush, then finely chop the garlic. Set aside.
- microwave the butter for a few seconds to soften or let sit out.
- In a bowl, add the butter and use a hand mixer to fluff it. Stir in the fresh garlic, dried oregano flakes, dried parsley flakes, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, and salt.
- Slice the bread baguette half ways through, so that the slices are still connected.
- On both sides of each bread slice, slather a generous amount of your garlic-butter mixture on. Store any extra in the fridge to save for next time.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ tsp of nutritional yeast on top of the loaf for the perfect low key cheesy flavor.
- Wrap the loaf in aluminum foil and bake for 8-11 minutes or until golden and toasty.
- Serve immediately (just be careful as to not burn yourself!) with your favorite main course. Store any leftovers wrapped in the fridge for up to three days and heat up in the oven as you use it.
Will you try this vegan garlic bread recipe? What is your favorite meal to serve garlic bread with? Let me know in the comments below.