Pina Colada Inspired Vegan Grilled Pineapple Dessert
Vegan grilled pineapple dessert is one of those easy dinner-party desserts that you can make which always end up looking and tasting super fancy. With fresh grilled pineapple, a homemade coconut rum whipped cream (omit the rum for a kid-friendly alternative) This dish is delicious as either the main component or as an accompanist, so what are you waiting for? Here is how you can make piña colada inspired vegan grilled pineapple dessert.
You might also like:
- VEGAN WHITE CHOCOLATE IS NOW AVAILABLE THANKS TO VEGO
- DELICIOUS VEGAN MEALS: TOFU AND CASHEW LETTUCE CUPS
- EASY QUICK VEGAN POPCORN RECIPE IN 3 DIFFERENT WAYS
- 5 VEGAN SUPERFOODS FOR KIDS
For The Coconut Rum Whipped Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Malibu Rum
(to make kid friendly, omit the rum and add 2 tbsp sugar with 2 tsp vanilla)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp sugar
- With a can of fully-chilled full fat coconut milk, begin to scoop only the solid cream out from the can and into a large mixing bowl. The liquid can be used for any other purpose of your choosing.
- With a powerful stand mixer, whip the coconut cream, rum, vanilla, and sugar together until it forms peaks. You’ll know when it’s ready because it will look just like whipped cream.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
For The Vegan Grilled Pineapple Dessert
- pineapple cut into 1 inch discs without the shell
- extra virgin coconut oil
- coconut shreds
- fresh cherries
- homemade coconut rum whipped cream
- Using a kitchen brush, lightly brush a small amount of coconut oil onto both sides of the pineapple discs.
- On a high-temperatures grill, carefully place the pineapples facedown and reduce the grill’s heat to medium-high.
- Once fully grilled on one side and with grill marks imprinted onto the pineapple slices, flip carefully and cook on the other side.
- Your pineapple is ready when it is soft enough for a fork to effortlessly go through.
- Remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil until ready to serve.
- Top with a large dollop of the coconut rum whipped cream, coconut shreds, and a juicy cherry.
- Enjoy alongside an actual piña colada or with your favorite dairy-free ice cream (you can either make you own or grab a pint of So Delicious’s coconut milk ice cream)
Did you like this vegan grilled pineapple dessert? Let me know in the comments below.