Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls With Vanilla Cashew Frosting
Is anyone else excited for pumpkin season? Cause I am! These pumpkin cinnamon rolls are a great treat and the vanilla cashew frosting is such a good way to top them off. Perfect for any time during the day when you need a sweet snack.
For the pumpkin cinnamon rolls
- 5 ½ oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ pumpkin puree
- 2 /14 tsp dried active yeast
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
For the filling
- 3 tbsp softened vegan butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
For the cashew frosting
- ½ cup cashews (soaked for 1 hr in boiling water)
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 5 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
- The night before you want to eat your cinnamon rolls, begin by making the dough. In a small pan over a low heat, melt the butter. Add in the sugar and stir until it has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, and yeast and combine. In a jug, combine the butter and sugar mixture with the pumpkin puree, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until fully combined.
- Make a well in your flour and add the pumpkin mixture slowly, stirring continuously. Your mixture should form a sticky dough.
- Once your dough has come together fully, tip out onto a
well-flouredsurface and knead for about 5 minutes until smooth. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise in the fridge.
- The next morning, remove your dough from the fridge and tip onto a lightly floured surface, your dough should have doubled in size overnight. Using your fingers, gently pinch the dough to remove the air.
- Roll out your dough into a large rectangle. Spread butter over the dough making sure to reach the edges. Mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar and sprinkle over your dough.
- Starting from one end, gently roll your dough into a sausage shape. Using a sharp knife, cut your dough into 1-inch sections. Repeat until you have used up all of your dough.
- Grease a baking dish with butter or oil and arrange your rolls in the dish so they are touching. Cover the dish with a clean dishcloth and leave to rise for approx 1 hour.
- While your cinnamon rolls are rising, preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Begin to make your vanilla cashew frosting. Drain and rinse your cashews. Add them to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla, and almond milk slowly while blending until your frosting is smooth.
- Scrape your frosting out of the blender into a container and refrigerate until you are serving your rolls.
- Bake your cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Pour over the vanilla cashew frosting and serve.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN.STORE