Relish This Clean Apple Crumble Bake
Desserts are an indulgence that everyone can appreciate. They are usually rich and layered with sugar to balance out a salty dinner. But I, for one, will admit that sometimes I appreciate a clean healthy dessert with no guilt or added pounds. When there is no added sugar you can happily go back for seconds, which is how I like it. This apple crumble dessert is light and clean, but will also hit your sweet tooth just enough to not crave any added sugar.
The apples bring a nice tartness and the oats are slightly crisp with a hint of maple. The beauty of this type of dessert is in the pairing. To keep it airy you can add it to a cup of coconut milk yogurt. If you are looking for something a little more sinful dairy-free ice cream is always on the top of the list.
Without much ado, let’s get to the apple crumble recipe.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Breakfast Berry Chia Pots
- BERRY-BOMB GRANOLA BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE BOWL
- ‘Oat of Time’ Banana Oat Smoothie
- 10 Second Hairstyles Every Mom Should Know
Clean Apple Crumble Bake
For the apples
- 12 Medjool dates; pitted
- 1 ½ cup hot water
- 4 granny smith apples; cored and diced
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
For the oat crumble
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup date sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Soak dates in hot water for 15 minutes until soft to the touch. Pour dates and hot water into a food processor or blender until it creates a caramel type consistency.
- In a medium bowl, toss apples in lemon juice. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Pour date caramel on top of the apples and fold apples over each other until completely coated in the sauce.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combined oats, oat flour, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, date sugar, maple syrup, and applesauce.
- Layer the oat mixture on top of the apples and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and serve warm.
Did you like this apple crumble recipe? Comment below.
And, if you’re still wondering what kind of Christmas gifts to get this year. Pick up six issues of Raise Vegan Magazine for only $29.40!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: