Shrove or Pancake Tuesday Vegan Rainbow Pancakes
Here’s a vegan rainbow pancakes recipe that will brighten up your whole day…
Pancake Tuesday, or Shrove Tuesday, was one of my favorite days when I was a kid. My Mom would make pancakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is the traditional feast day before the start of Lent. Lent was traditionally a time of fasting and on Shrove Tuesday, people would use up all of the indulgent ingredients in their pantry. Make these yummy vegan rainbow pancakes for your kids to brighten up their day.
You might also like:
- VEGAN SHAMROCK SHAKE FOR POST WORKOUT RECOVERY
- MUSHROOM AND BRUSSEL SPROUT FRIED RICE RECIPE TO TRY THIS WEEKEND
- DAIYA LAUNCHING TWO BREAKFAST BURRITOS THIS FALL
- RACHEL AMA MAKES VEGAN MEAL PLANNING EASIER WITH HER NEW VEGAN COOKBOOK
Vegan Rainbow Pancakes
- 1 cup Vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- Natural food dyes (I use Watkins Vegan Food Coloring)
- Whisk together the dry flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk the vanilla non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until smooth, it’s ok if there are still a couple of lumps as you don’t want to over combine. Using a measuring cup scoop 1/2 a cup of batter and add the dye to achieve the desired color.
- Fry the pancakes on a pan over a medium heat, for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Once bubbles start to appear, that means it’s time to flip, this is where you get to show off!!
- Serve with maple syrup or fresh fruit.
Did you like this vegan rainbow pancakes recipe? Let us know in the comments below.