Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Wedges
I know I’ve been posting a lot of pumpkin recipes lately, but ‘tis the season I get most excited for every year! Show your friends that you’re not a basic b**ch by serving these delicious sweet and spicy roasted pumpkin wedges at your next get together.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 small Hokkaido pumpkin (butternut squash or other kinds of pumpkin can also be used)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Maple Syrup (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for roasted pumpkin wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry the Hokkaido pumpkin. Remove the seeds. Cut the pumpkin into wedges, about ½ an inch thick. Place them in a bowl or in a casserole dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the roughly chopped garlic and the spices.
- Add the olive oil and a dash of maple syrup and stir to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the pumpkin wedges and toss well with your hands to make sure that all the wedges are coated in the mixture.
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes until the wedges are as soft.
- Serve your roasted pumpkin wedges hot with vegan tahini dip or as a side dish.
For the yogurt tahini dip: mix together ⅔ cup vegan yogurt with 1 tablespoon tahini, 1 teaspoon za’atar, 1 grated garlic clove and salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
(Side note: you don’t have to peel the Hokkaido pumpkin, but if you use a butternut squash or another type pumpkin you’ll definitely want to peel those.)
Have you tried these roasted pumpkin wedges? Let us know in the comments below!
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: