Sweet Potato and Chickpea Wraps
Kids just love to help making these by choosing their ingredients for their own wraps.
These little sweet potato and chickpea wraps are a great little lunchbox addition, yummy dinner or lunch. I find them so versatile and usually, I can stuff just about any ingredient in there and the kids will devour them. Definitely a winner in our house!
- 1 large sweet potato grated/diced
- 400g organic chickpeas (rinsed and soaked)
- 1 clove garlic
- Himalayan Salt
- 1 tspn turmeric
- 1 tspn cumin
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbspn Currants/sultanas
- 1/2 grated carrot
- Handful salad leaves
- Wrap of choice (iceberg or cos lettuce leaves go beautifully too)
- Cook sweet potato in coconut oil in a frying pan till slightly tender.
- Mash chickpeas with spices, salt and chopped garlic in a separate dish.
- Add to frying pan towards end of cooking and combine with sweet potato.
- Serve up into wraps of choice and top with sultanas or currants, sprinkle of chia/flax seeds, coriander leaves, spread of avocado, cashew cheese or coconut yogurt, cherry tomatoes/salsa, stick veggies and salad/leaves.
- Watch them disappear!
A Note From The Staff At ‘Vegan Pregnancy and Parenting’
Happy Vegan Eating! Do not forget to check us out on the Main Facebook Group, where we discuss kids, pregnancy, nutrition and veganism in general. There are over thirty thousand vegan parents in our, all of them raising little vegans.
There is also a Vegan Eats For Smaller Feet, where parents get together, share recipes, swap disaster stories, and generally learn the best ways to hide the broccoli in the food for kids. So it’s worth checking out, and know that even though your kids are vegan, it doesn’t mean they’re going to suddenly love those brussel sprouts and carrot soup.
If Facebook isn’t your go to social media, we can usually be found liking far too many amazing dishes on Instagram. If you’re raising a vegan family, be sure to tag us on there for a chance for your vegan family to be featured, or amazing vegan dishes to appear on our main page!
Lastly, don’t forget to have a quick peek on Pinterest, where we pin all these amazing recipes and vegan friendly ideas. We receive over 250,000 weekly viewers on Pinterest, so we must be doing something right.
Happy Veganing, everyone! We are very happy that you have found us, and you’re raising little vegans. The world needs more people like you.
Raise humanity. Raise vegan!
Tags: easy vegan recipes, kid friendly food, main courses, Quick Recipes, snack foods, wraps