Vegan Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
Irresistible vegan biscuits and sausage gravy recipe perfect for lazy Sunday mornings.
Sunday mornings are probably the most relaxing in everyone’s house. It’s the one morning where you can sit around the table together. Parents have their fresh brewed coffee along with the morning paper, energized kids that got a little extra sleep, and everyone is ready for a big breakfast. Pancakes are a usual go to, but biscuits and gravy are something special to mix it up. Fluffy biscuits and savory sausage gravy are the prefect combination. We love starting our last lazy day off before a hectic weekend with a hearty breakfast like this.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
For the vegan biscuits
- 2 1/4 cup self rising flour
- 1 tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 6 tbsp. cold vegan butter, cubed
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a round cake pan with parchment paper and spray with oil to prevent sticking.
- mix together milk and vinegar and leave in the fridge until ready for use.
- In a medium bowl; add flour and cold butter. With a fork cut in butter until flour is crumbly in texture. Make a well in the center of the flour.
- Remove milk mixture from the fridge and pour in to the middle of the flour. Slowly stir until all flour is moist making sure not to over mix.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of dough and drop into prepared pan. Biscuits should be lightly touching similar to baking cinnamon rolls.
- Bake your vegan biscuits in preheated oven for 18 minutes.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
For the sausage gravy
- 14 ounces veggie crumble sausage
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups plant based milk
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
- Melt butter over medium heat in a frying pan. Add sausage and break down until it crumbles and cook until brown.
- Shake in flour and stir until well combined and flour has dissolved.
- Slowly stir in milk, salt, paprika, and garlic.
- Continue stirring occasionally over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour your ‘sausage’ gravy over the vegan biscuits. Enjoy!
- Note: We used a fat free vegan sausage. If you use a full fat vegan sausage make sure to brown first , drain, add back to the pan, and add butter.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: