Vegan Caramel Apples Perfect For Halloween
It’s Fall in New York and that means apple picking, yay! This recipe for vegan caramel apples makes a delicious treat and also comes in handy for handing out on Halloween. I used brown rice syrup but if you already have corn syrup at home, use it.
- 10 Granny Smith apples
- 2 cups Coconut Milk (canned)
- 1 cup brown rice syrup or light organic corn syrup
- 2 cups Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Vegan Butter
substitute(I used Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread)
- 10 wooden sticks
- Chopped Salted Peanuts or Chocolate (optional)
Method for your vegan caramel apples
- Wash and dry each apple. Remove the stem. Insert a wooden stick into the top end of each apple. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Combine coconut milk, rice/corn syrup and salt in a saucepan over medium heat until boiling (about 10 minutes.). Whisk continuously to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and stir in vegan butter and vanilla extract.
- Let sauce cool. Put apples on wax paper. Drizzle sauce over apples.
- Sprinkle and press in chopped salted peanuts or chocolate.
- Place your vegan caramel apples in the refrigerator to harden.
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: