Vegan Green Bean Casserole Recipe For Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I cannot wait! I’ll be doing a “Friendsgiving” this year and I’m in charge of making the green bean casserole.
It really should be the main focus of the meal, so creamy and crispy and delish. I don’t know why I only make it once a year, I could eat it all day every day. This green bean casserole recipe makes about 4 huge servings, but you can just double the ingredients if you’re A: planning on eating 3 servings yourself (that’s me) or B: hosting a large group.
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN APPLE APP
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 big servings
- 2 tsp Vegan Margarine/olive oil
- 12 oz. Sliced Mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 a Medium Onion chopped
- 1/3 cup PLUS 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Dash Black Pepper
- 14 oz. Vegetable Broth
- 1 lb. Green Beans
- French Fried Onions
- 1 cup Cashew Cream or Vegan Creamer
- Splash White Wine (optional)
DOWNLOAD THE RAISE VEGAN GOOGLE PLAY APP
Instructions For Green Bean Casserole:
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute onion in vegan margarine or olive oil.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the white wine and cook until all of the alcohol has evaporated then add the sliced mushrooms.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and one cup of vegetable broth until smooth. Stir into mushroom mixture.
- Immediately add remaining vegetable broth, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in cashew cream or a vegan creamer that you like.
- Simmer, uncovered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the soup mixture with the green beans and place into an 8″ x 8″ pan that you have prepared with cooking spray.
- Top with the crispy French Fried Onions and bake until golden and bubbly.
WANT YOUR MAGAZINE IN PRINT? GET IT FOR UNDER $4 A MONTH RAISEVEGAN
Then try not to eat all of this delicious green bean casserole before you put it on the table for your feast. So so good!
SIGN UP TO THE EXCLUSIVE GROUP WITH REGISTERED DIETITIANS JUST ASK THE DIETITIAN
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: